.

Saturday 10 March 2012

Chinese Zither (Gu Zheng)

The early types of guzheng emerged during the Warring States Period. It was largely influenced by the se, a plucked stringed instrument. It became prominent during the Qin period, and by the Tang Dynasty, the guzheng was arguably the most commonly played instrument in China.

This is one thing I missed the most and love most. The only musical instrument which can be played without following the books. 

I prefer to play it creating my own guzheng melody according to my mood than to follow the books; and this is the only instrument I knew how to play with, without much attending classes.

I picked up the lessons during my Form 6, that time actively practiced guzheng, I was screaming away because it causes my left hand fingers growing with corns.









Below are actually how the guzheng sounds like:



No comments:

Post a Comment