.

Monday 9 April 2012

David Chiang: 'I See Myself As The Next Linda Evangelista'

Move over, Andrej Pejic! There's another man with enviable tresses making the modeling rounds and breaking hearts. Meet David Chiang, a 23-year-old Taiwanese-Canadian in high demand by fashion's biggest houses. The Cut caught up with Chiang, who revealed that his dream job is, in fact, Victoria's Secret -- maybe he and Andrej can book that one together. 
 
What does your family make of your success?
My mom was really against it at first. She told me being a model was like being a homeless bum on the street, so at the beginning it was really hard. But I convinced by mom that my agency was serious about my career. My mom is now really happy about my career because she sees me on TV and reads my interviews. She watches a lot Chinese channels so she's up on it now.
 
If you could meet anyone alive or dead, who would you meet?
Isabella Blow. She's my style icon. She wasn't afraid of anything about fashion, and she was always willing to give new things a try. She was the one who was supporting Alexander McQueen first. And I'd love to meet Anna Wintour. I would love to talk to Karl Lagerfeld again, too. Not the little conversation we had before, which was unpleasant. I used to have even longer hair last June when I was backstage at Dior and [Lagerfeld] told me I was "a very beautiful Chinese girl". I just looked at him and said "Thank you."
 
Lastly, where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I see myself as the next Linda Evangelista. I don't wake up for less than $10,000.

Via Huffington Post



No comments:

Post a Comment