.

Monday 26 March 2012

Celebrities In The Nude, Without Photoshop


Oh, the wonders of Photoshop! Enhance your eyes, airbrush your every blemish and slim your hips JUST with the click of a mouse. Yes, I’m very sure we are all aware of how this magic tool does no justice at all for or body image. I’ve been addicted to glossy magazines since a young age and grew up believing that all those Photoshop-ped images were real – from their flawless skin to their perfect bodies. Years later when I discovered the digital magic, only then did I know that it was all just a cover-up! Sigh… seems like I did waste quite a lot of time – suffering from BDD (body dysmorphic disorder) just because of this Adobe program! Ha ha…

Recently, lots of celebs have been stripping down and happen to be Kim Kardashian, Joy Bryant, and Amanda de Cadenet for Harper’s Bazaar. Wondering what’s special about this shoot? Their totally nude bodies were not retouched one bit! It has been said that according to press release, the ladies did away with the retouching to “accept their insecurities and reveal their most intimate thoughts.”

Famed photographer, Amanda de Cadenet, conducted the simple yet tasteful photo shoot of Kim Kardashian, Joy Bryant and herself. She said, "The reason I wanted to do this story is that I'm challenged with my physicality. I've always been the curviest girl. Since having twins four years ago, I'm now super curvy. It's not the body I used to have. I get frustrated that I can't find clothes to fit from designers I love. Roland Mouret and Marc Jacobs send me the big-girl sizes, but other than that it's slim pickings. I don't try to hide the obvious. I try to own it as best I can. Marc jokes that no matter what's in the collection, even if it's for curvy women, I'm still busting out."

While the ever-so gorgeous Kim K declared that "The message is embrace your curves and who you are”, tanned beauty Joy Bryant asserted: "You'll never be thin enough, blonde enough, black enough".

I love this shoot because it promotes natural beauty all the way. It’s great that they are willing to go natural and bare as this will probably send out a positive message to young girls. Do check out Harper’s Bazaar  for the full interview.

What do you think of these unphotoshopped images?

Credits to: Harper’s Bazaar




No comments:

Post a Comment