.

Sunday 12 April 2015

Starz Kitchen, Pavilion KL

Starz Kitchen is a restaurant that counts Hong Kong singers Alan Tam and Hacken Lee as investors started in 2012. Both singers collaborated as a double act in concerts for more than 10 years. The best friends’ first noodle shop opened in Whampoa, with two more branches in Causeway Bay and Mongkok. The restaurant’s Chinese name, Zuo Lin You Li, is the same name as their concerts and a wordplay of the duo’s Chinese names. Now, they've spread their wings to Malaysia.

Being invited to Starz Kitchen for some celebrity inspired food-ing experience, maybe? I am a meat lover and of course the food serves me very well. It is a newly opened at Level 7, Pavilion KL; serving Hong Kong delicacies such as dim sum, noodles, congee, BBQ meat, many other Hongkies favourite I could say. 

The highly recommended item is the house specialty shrimp wonton noodles in soup. It comes in two sizes: a small rice-bowl version with 4 wontons and a large version with 6 wontons. The thin noodles have a firm bite and is delicious when paired with the clear soup and the shrimp wontons. Order the small version so you can sample other items like their light and crispy BBQ pork buns with its not overly sweet tasting pork belly filling. 

One of it which I am excited to have is the preserved egg in jelly, a refreshing cold combination of sliced century egg encased in a sharp ginger tasting jelly. I like preserved egg but I haven't tried this dish before in jelly as cold combination. If you can't find it on the menu, just request from their service personnel.

I am a meat lover whom munch down the tender roast pork belly with a golden crispy skin, which is best enjoyed with a dab of mustard. For desserts, order the steamed egg custard buns. Just watch it when you break it open, as you will get a stream of bright orange custard flowing out like lava.

I love their menu, so much of my favourite and I felt that it is so unique. So yummy and I when I dine here, I felt like I am in Hong Kong. 

Their website, as tasty as the delicacies.
http://www.starz-kitchen.com/en/#about























No comments:

Post a Comment